Thursday, December 25, 2008

Python ... run It's a snake!!!

I just started to learn to program in Python. I can get by in Perl, so I thought it would just be learning the syntax. This is true except that the indentation rules were not clearly expressed in the Python tutorial that I was using to learn. Once I figured out the indent rules by if/elis/else statements were simple.

I plan to mainly use the language to automate the Free BSD (no need to buy a mac) Apache server. I may switch back to Perl if Python is to hard and cannot do what I want to. Since I want to put it on my resume. I am hoping to do some of my management of the Apache server using it for internal work. Everything else will be FTP into it. I am looking for a free URL translation service for my DHCP enable IP. Way too much to use a Comcast static for business class cable.

Most of the management of the Unix server will be handled by a combination of various sh, perl, and awk scripts.

I will update on my success on making Python handle Vista. I hope I can do something with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment