Friday, December 19, 2008

Castle Falkenstein Game

I ran a CF game last Saturday. Sadly two of the players could not make it, so I switched games on the rest of the game. The original game was to be a weekend gathering on the birthday of Enrico Falgori the famed CF opera singer. I ended up using a single player adventure for my wife and altering it to include the other 3 players.

They did well with the game. I think I threw one person when I had a Guild of Calamitous Intent handbook under their pillow. They had not seen the Venture Brothers, so they were real wary of the entirety of it. I just thought it was cool to put in, but I had wanted to put more sword fighting in the game. I put in a rule that caused the players to be in trouble if they used firearms in a fight with the guild. This way I can have more of a swashbuckling feel to the game while still allowing the players to use guns against non-guild forces.

I also introduced their guild assigned nemesis: the Night Baron.


The game only took seven hours with a food break. Very quick for our group. Had they known that the meeting with the Night Baron at the end would turn into a tea party they may have gone through much quicker. The group will travel back to Alexandria and pick up the rest of the group. Once that happens they will travel to Napels for Falgori's party. Most likely to be run in Janurary 2009.

And yes the Night Baron was taken from Detective Conan. I changed the outfit to white, but I just liked the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment