Friday, December 26, 2008

Catsmas went well.

So I managed to survive Christmas with my family. Actually I like all but one of my family. I will not say which one so they can wonder if they ever read the blog ... not likely. We were not able to give many presents due loss of job and illness. We were able to get all the children something and at least a book for the others. That makes it OK. All of our friends agreed to not exchange gifts. That messed up one friend who always gets her presents ahead of time. She will however be able to give them as birthday gifts later.

Everyone else was generous with us. A number of gift certificates and clothing items. My wife got three hats which she needed. One looks very 20s so she can wear it during my friend's 1920's adventure game. I got a nice tea set with good tasting tea. My wife hates tea so it is all mine. Now we will eat all the chocolate and fruit that we got. Sadly we got no no monkeys as they are so delicious.

We both got sick this holiday and had to hide in the bedroom and cancel a plan to go to dinner at a family member's house. I have fully recovered, but my wife still feels bad. Hopefully we can go to her sister's tomorrow and hit the bookstore with our 5$ off coupon at Borders. We got 40% off one book and got a coupon for five off another. This is buy one get one free basically. I wish I had bought more to get more coupons.

I do plan to go to Costco next week to look at 1TB external hard drives. This way I can perform better backups of my laptop and have a place to store my torrents.

But we did not get a cat this year so it is not truly Catsmas. Ours ran out when my wife was in the hospital this year. I think she wants one, but I cannot think of a way to get one into the house. Oh well, I can try something next year.

In the mean time I will continue to work on my Castle Falkenstein campaign. I feel I will be the only one running any role playing games for the next six months. I will need to get to work on the next three adventures to keep up with everything. I plan to do a lot of planning to get real Victorian culture and history into the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment